Saturday, December 4, 2010

Winter in the garden in Zone 7b USA (North Carolina)


Yes, it does snow in North Carolina! This is a photo from 2010.  So far (as of Dec. 31, 2013) we have not seen about two flakes.  

I don't know if you remembered the little garden with the Muhly grass that I posted in the fall of 2010 but this is the same scene from another angle in the winter.   The topic of these next few posts is "Winter in the Garden". I'm trying to show what is going on in my garden and will be adding more posts on the topic as ideas come to me. The soltice is approaching and the whole process starts to reverse itself with daylight gradually lasting longer each day. Hope you are enjoying some winter in the garden if you happen to be in the Northern Hemisphere, that is.

1 comment:

Lori at Jarvis House said...

Loved the stuff about zone 7. Believe it or not Long Island is also in zone 7, although this year we are having a stretch of really cold weather. Check out my winter flowering shrubs. Lori